In the UK, there are over 165K charities and voluntary organisations*Source House of Commons Library. These organisations have a need for meeting rooms to hold their AGM’s in, as well as a location for training, planning and general meetings.
Reaching out to these organisations can provide an additional income for your hall through hiring out the meeting rooms.
You may wish to consider having a not-for-profit rate to attract more users, earning an income for your hall whilst also providing a valuable resource to the local community.
How Your Community Space can help you
We provide your hall with a free listing
- We target charities and organisations that may have a use for your hall
- Local Voluntary Councils
- Local Community First Groups
- Sporting and hobby groups
- NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations), NICVA, (Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action), SCVO (Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations) and WCVA (Wales Council for Voluntary Action)
- NAVCA (National Association for Voluntary and Community Action)
- As a member, you have the option to promote your hall in our business section
- Users will have filters that they can search by
- Type of event, meeting, exhibition, reception
- Number of people
- Your Community Space can help you to prepare your hall for business events with our helpful guide that is exclusive to our members, including:
- Tips to promote your hall
- Event planning tools
- Ideas to engage with the voluntary community
- Equipment and suppliers required
- Working out capacity
- Increase revenue by hiring additional equipment