JOIN THE REVELOUTION!
Your Community Space is on a mission to encourage the public to fall back in love with their local halls. We are changing forever the way that people can search for a community hall.
Our vision is to provide one leading website where the public can search for a local space and activities, and to put local halls back into the heart of their communities.
We believe that this will help halls become more sustainable and to secure their future.
By providing a free online profile with the option to upgrade to affordable plans, halls can advertise their available spaces in one easy place.
Whether you are buying a house, looking for a holiday, wanting to engage with a tradesman or even order a takeaway, there is a website that will help you find the best business for your needs.
Many of these websites are now household names that we have come to rely upon in recent years.
When it comes to community buildings, users still need to search websites individually to find what they are looking for.
There is the distinct shift between searching and buying online as opposed to in-person, and Your Community Space aims to solve that problem for community buildings.
Our research with volunteers from community buildings found that;
- Committees are struggling to find new and younger volunteers to help manage their buildings.
- With the recent years of austerity, it is getting more difficult to access funding.
- Some halls reported being too busy.
- Other halls reported not being busy enough.
- Some committees were looking for advice to manage their governance.
- Others were struggling with their fire risk assessments, capacity and much needed upgrading.
The overriding issue we consistently heard is that volunteers are keen to promote their hall, not only for attracting more bookings, but to also attract new volunteers. They recognise that it is vital to be fully engaged in their local community to help attract volunteers.
Many also felt that the local community did not know why the hall was there and what it was used for.
Our research with customers looking to hire a space or an event found that;
- Almost 70% of our survey respondents were not aware of all of the halls in their local vicinity. There were 4-5 times more halls than they thought
- Over 80% of the respondents of our survey said that they preferred to search online
- 60% said they would consider volunteering for their local hall
- Over 60% said that they would attend a fundraising event for their local hall
- Just over 60% said they would like more information about volunteering for their local hall
Our aim is to helps halls be busier, yet easier to manage. We wish to encourage the community to make the best use of their halls and to get involved with activities and events. We want to help halls increase their bookings, generate more revenue and be visible to more users.
Connecting Your Space with Your Community!
Your Community Space Ethical Code
Vision & Mission
- Our vision is to see more people using and benefiting from the services and facilities available from their local village hall, community centre or venue.
- Our business supports this vision by helping local spaces have a free or affordable mini website to promote their space and events.
- Our vision is to provide one leading website where the public can search for a local space and activities and to put local halls back into the heart of their communities.
- We are more than just a venue listing website. We are an online community to support the trustees of community buildings.
- To support trustees to enable them to fulfil their role effectively, to make life easier and to help them to aspire to maximising the use of their space.
- To enrich the lives of our customers, to help them connect with their community effortlessly to engage with services that will contribute to their well-being in everyday life.
- To provide a courteous, helpful and professional service to our customers at all times. To encourage a continuing spirit of friendliness and neighbourhood qualities.
- To inspire future generations and to encourage them to get involved in their community at a grassroots level.
- To educate the public about the importance of community buildings and the services that they provide, so that they maintain sustainable access for all and promote inclusion, thus preserving traditional neighbourliness.
- Aim to do the right thing, always work with integrity and have a duty of care to our trustees, customers and the communities that we reach.
- Learn and share best practice to create a positive impact in the communities we work in. Promote inclusion to preserve the tradition of a neighbourhood.
- Actively manage the environmental impact of our activities, reducing harm and minimising the risk to ourselves, the environment and communities.
- We appreciate and respect the unique qualities in the differences of culture, to enable the talent of individuals to reach its full potential.
- We believe that the activities and services provided by community spaces are essential and should be protected.